Peaceful Memories

Peaceful Memories

Monday, July 25, 2011

I like LOST

    I couldn't think of what to write a blog about, but I was thinking it's time I write another one before I forget that I have a blog. So, naturally, as I'm sitting here watching the 5th season of "Lost", that's the first thing that came to my mine.
    I graduated from the University of Utah in 2010 with a degree in Elementary Education. The previous year, I spent most of my time student teaching. I was placed in two different schools: Oakwood Elementary in Granite, and Wasatch Elementary. In both schools, I helped teach 6th graders. I had so much fun with them, and every kid was so unique and needy in their own way, but oh boy let me tell you, I quickly discovered that teaching was no easy task. 
   When I finished a full day of teaching, I would come home to my apartment, and my brother, who lived with me at the time, and I started watching LOST. My friend introduced me to it. We watched a couple of episodes at his house, and I was hooked! My brother and I laugh no about hos months of our lives were sucked into the vortex that is Lost. I remember when the final episode of season six was over, my brother posed on facebook "I just finished Lost: So does this mean I have to get a life now??" I laugh because that's pretty much what it is. For the single person with nothing to do but their work, it's the best way to forget that you're kind of a loser at the moment. 
    I think we need to be careful about worldly distraction, and try not to spend too much time doing things that aren't helping us become a better person, or helping someone else, but come on, sometimes we're just tired and need to escape. In my opinion, escaping to the island on Lost is the best!! This post will in no way make anyone a better person, but at least one will 
understand my borderline obsession now :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment